Wednesday 3 October 2012

Lately...



I'm so glad that I'm back at Uni, I can finally feel productive again! Self-motivation is clearly more of an issue for me than I realised... summer was not productive in terms of personal projects. However, I did go to many festivals (to gig), I started home-brewing, wrote 1 tune and 2 songs and learned some French, so not all was lost! 


As usual, I have too many plans for the autumn, as I have considerably less time now (but more money) than in the summer. I have decided to make this year a lot more frugal than the last, as having to spend all my savings and birthday money on rent this summer was a sobering experience. The ways in which I intend to save money are:
  • Shop (for food) more mindfully - as in shop around for the best deals, budget, only get food that I know I'll eat
  • Stop eating out so much casually. Only for special occasions.
  • Learn to sew better and fix clothes rather than buying new ones
  • Get better at making food stretch - use up leftovers in creative ways
  • Walk everywhere - don't get the bus
  • Make more things (this really needs it's own sub-category as it's the thing I'm most excited about!)
On the subject of making things, I have recently forayed into home-brewing cider, making yoghurt, ginger beer and bread. I am hoping to have a crack at cheese, soap and laundry liquid soon, all courtesy of the wonderful Rhonda over at Down to Earth. She is all kinds of self-sufficient awesome.

Other stuff I'm planning to do/doing at the moment:
  • Keep running - I've lost 8lb so far and I intend to keep a steady stream of weight-loss going!
  • Create a youtube channel with Will in order to play funny/silly music in addition to all the serious music we do...
  • Study like the dickens and get good marks this year
  • Do lots more gigs
    
 Yes, it's a pineapple on Heaton park gates. No, I'm not sure what it wants either.
That's about it for today! Peace out xxx
 

No comments:

Post a Comment